Period: Sept 2017
Client: The General Palmer Hotel
Subject: Double Black Performance Website, 360Durango Listing Membership
The General Palmer Hotel was left in an unenviable position when their former GM left the hotel. The website was a mess and moreover did not have acceptable organic search engine presence. 360Durango was one of multiple agencies the Palmer reached out to for their web design. They were surprised to see how much more we could do for them.
360Durango needed to do more than can be shared here. It was a highly enjoyable process and very creative. Web design was only a small part of what we did here. The overall task involved creating a new internet marketing program – integrated with an online booking engine hub, multiple OTA’s, a new eNewsletter program, and on an on.
This project, as mentioned previously, had multiple layers of complexity to it. The best part was our client was very enjoyable to work with and bought into our process of building web design projects like these.
- Multiple interviews to assess client needs
- Extensive goal setting
- Managing immediate, emergency online presence issues
- Multiple photo shoots
- Revamp of online booking engine
- Integration of multiple software automations to achieve certain efficiency goals
- Building of website
- Review process
- Publishing of new website
- Measurement of results
A happy client was the biggest result here. With the OTA industry taking a significant share of every booking reservation they make, it was critical to begin taking back market share by booking through their own website.
- Secured multiple domains
- Significant upgrade of visuals through new photography
- Revenue generating website created
- Streamlined online booking system
- Created email curation program through software automation
- Client manages the majority of the project moving forward
The end of the initial setup was just the beginning of the work. We continue to improve our advertising spends and metrics based upon our analytics gathering. The best part of this project was taking an iconic Durango property and doing it justice with a high-quality web design with beautiful photography.