Period: May 2017
Client: Southwest Raft & Jeep
Subject: Custom eCommerce Website
Southwest Raft & Jeep approached 360Durango in early 2017 with several needs. Even with their great location, their retail inventory remained somewhat of a mystery to locals. They wanted to decide on a new POS and integrated eCommerce website design. Additionally, they weren’t sure if they should rebrand for an online store since they were mostly known as a guided rafting tour company.
360Durango had to help decide which POS / eCommerce website design platform would work best for them. One major challenge was the weight of certain items being shipped, such as raft frames or even the rafts themselves.
Then, we had to take the client’s vision, put it into reality, and train them on how to use the new website built for them.
This website design project, as all do, had many layers of complexity and multiple needs which needed to be addressed as the project was being built. Multiple softwares needed to be linked and synced to meet SW Raft & Jeep’s goals.
- Goals and timelines discussed
- Strategic Planning
- eCommerce platform selection (Shopify)
- Google Foundation Program setup
- Customization of multiple website elements in the Shopify Template
- Thoroughly organized site and store navigation menu
- Built out over 200 products originally
- Troubleshooted various shipping obstacles
- Setup a subdomain to work with their normal WordPress website
The initial, major objective was accomplished – to keep the brand the same and establish a first-class, eCommerce website design with the ability to manage the project themselves once it went live.
- Integrated branding through a unique solution
- Setup Digital Marketing programs (AdWords, Paid Social)
- Provided ongoing training manual for client to continue building online store
- Successfully passed off the project to client!
This was a tremendous project with many layers of complexity – WordPress integration with Shopify, subdomain management, outdated WordPress servers, in-store POS integration with rafting and jeeping trips, and more. Yet, we did a fantastic job and handed the project over to the clients when it was satsfactorily completed.